Removal of floor finishing, after isolating the area from main store
Cleaning and marking (For grouting and shear connector) in progress
Enhancement of grade of concrete by grouting
Shear connector fixed to the slab
Fixing of reinforcement and casting of additional concrete
Slab after retrofitting
Make OR Break Factor
We had to cover the entire bottom face of the slab to avoid concrete dust spilling over into the store and process area, while we executed repairs on the top surface of the slab.
THE CHALLENGE :
- This was a classic case of original design not being able to handle new operating conditions. The change in use and loading conditions was affecting the slab that was designed as a terrace slab but was now serving as a store for stacking material.
THE ODDS :
- The entire slab area was repaired in carefully-considered phases to avoid operational problems in storing and stacking.
- The first step was to enhance the grade of the core concrete by grouting
- Additional reinforcements were provided and connected to the existing slab with shear connectors
- We also provided additional thickness by using layers of abrasion-resistant concrete