Transfer tower before repair
Damaged beam before jacketing
Damaged beam after steel plate jacketing and micro-concreting
Corrosion of reinforcement and delamination of concrete cover
Externally reinforcing the beam with steel sections anchored to the parent concrete
Patching the damaged concrete section with hand-applied micro-concrete
Transfer tower after repair
Make OR Break Factor
The repairs were carried out in perfect coordination with the material arrival schedules, given that the belt was in operating condition throughout the repairs.
THE CHALLENGE :
- The beam was suffering failure due to the impact of the collapsed counterweight of the conveyor belt system. This was in addition to other issues such as corrosion of steel reinforcements and delamination of concrete cover.
THE ODDS :
- The damaged beam had to be restored without dismantling it fully.
OUR RESPONSE :
- As a first step, we treated the corrosion damaged RCC members
- We followed it by grouting the cracks and the core concrete
- Post which, we steel-jacketed and fibre-wrapped the damaged beam externally to reinforce it
- Regular concrete jacketing was also done for all the RCC footings and columns