Cracked column and beam juncture
Column and beam juncture after strengthening
Column and beam joints of the portal frame structure after repair
Make OR Break Factor
The repair process had to be carried out under full operating plant conditions.
THE CHALLENGE :
- A blast at the plant had caused extensive damage to the Ammonium Nitro-Phosphate (ANP) and Calcium Ammonium Nitrate (CAN) units. This was affecting production while compromising safety of the staff as well as posing an environmental threat.
THE ODDS :
- The project was under a tight deadline of 45 days in which to repair both units.
OUR RESPONSE :
- We began with a diligent evaluation of the distress in the structure
- We improvised the designing of a retrofit system to reduce the execution period of the project
- The damaged beam column junction was then retrofitted with ample grouting and a fibre wrapping system