Damaged RCC beam
Grouting of column in progress
Grouting of column in progress 2
Portion of completed structure
Make OR Break Factor
Given the extent of damage, the toughest part was deciding which RCC members to repair first and which ones later.
THE CHALLENGE :
- All RCC members of this multi-product plant had been exposed to an extensive 16-hour long fire and were damaged as a result.
THE ODDS :
- Top priority was the selection of the RCC members to undergo repair, so as to avoid local collapse and the inevitable human casualty as a result.
OUR RESPONSE :
- An intensive evaluation of the damage was undertaken and a customized retrofit method was evolved
- All damaged core sections of concrete were grouted and patch repair done to the damaged concrete sections
- We also reinforced some of the structural members with fibre wrapping system