The Lakshmi Vilas Palace
Aaina Hall before repairs
Seepage resulting in corrosion of steel, delamination of plaster and decay in wooden members
Damaged/dislodged stone cantilever portions
Cantilever slab – after aligment
Steel section replaced and waterproofing in progress
Wood cladding work in progress
Make OR Break Factor
The major hurdle was jacking up the deflected slabs to their normal position without causing further damage or breakage.
THE CHALLENGE :
- Aaina Hall, a composite structure boasting wood, steel, stone and lime concrete, housed in the sprawling Lakshmi Vilas Palace, was in a distressing state of disrepair.
THE ODDS :
- Understanding the materials used and analyzing the proportions used as well as the method of construction to make the restoration strong and seamless.
OUR RESPONSE :
- All slab panels that were deflected were jacked up to their original position
- The entire slab was waterproofed
- Damaged structural members in steel, lime concrete, wood and stone were restored or replaced if required