RCC Chimney Repair
Corroded RCC chimney
Delamination of concrete cover at 55 mt. level
Grouting the cracks of core concrete
Structure after patch repair
Externally reinforcing the chimney using fibre wrapping system
Make OR Break Factor
The materials were perfectly modified to suit the higher temperatures they would experience during application and later during operation.
THE CHALLENGE :
- A sulphate attack had played havoc creating a basket of issues including cracking, expansion, loss of mass and disintegration of concrete.
THE ODDS :
- Majority of the damage was at a height of 50 to 60 mts., where more than 60% of the steel had corroded
- It was therefore critical to ensure the safety of the structure during repair to avoid collapse, especially since we were carrying out repairs under full operational conditions
OUR RESPONSE :
- We took primary curative and preventive measures for corrosion and the cracks in the core concrete were thoroughly grouted
- We patched up the damaged concrete sections and externally reinforced all structural elements