Building under repair
Corrosion of steel resulting in partial collapse of slab
Corrosion of steel resulting in delamination of concrete cover
Slabs and beams after repair
Make OR Break Factor
No structural drawings or details were available and the building was on a main road, making passerby safety extremely risky but equally important.
THE CHALLENGE :
- A mixed-use complex was suffering water leakage in the terrace slab, that had further snowballed into steel corrosion, concrete de-lamination and reduction in reinforcement size.
THE ODDS :
- Certain portions of the slab had already collapsed due to heavy corrosion.
- Care had to be taken regarding building and occupant safety, while restoring the remaining portion
OUR RESPONSE :
- Due to unavailability of original structural drawings, the structural details were re-analyzed
- The structural shortfall was analyzed as per the prevailing code
- Curative measures were taken for corrosion, while the damaged concrete sections were patched up and the structural elements externally reinforced